Cutting-edge Robotic Surgery at Fortis Hospitals, Mumbai
Robotic surgery (robot-assisted surgery) is a type of surgical procedure performed using robotic systems. Robotic surgery is an advanced form of laparoscopic surgery, a type of minimal invasive surgery.
Fortis Hospitals, Mumbai Robotic Surgery Program provides an access to the world’s most advanced surgical robotic system - 4th Generation ‘Da Vinci Xi’. This system allows our surgeons to perform complex procedures with high degree of accuracy, flexibility and control. The state-of-the-art technology is designed to offer increased levels of visualisation, dexterity and precision to our experts, for executing intricate and challenging procedures, which would have otherwise been difficult or impossible to perform with traditional methods.
Centre utilises the robot-assisted system for minimally invasive procedures and so offers the benefits to patients like smaller incisions, lesser blood loss, negligible post-op pain, better clinical outcomes and faster recovery. We offer patients the entire spectrum of surgical treatment options based on their clinical condition from open traditional surgeries to modern key-hole (laparoscopic/endoscopic) surgeries and ultra-modern robot-assisted surgeries.
Our clinical team is specially trained and proficient in performing robot-assisted surgeries across multiple speciality departments such as bariatric, gastroenterology, general & laparoscopic surgery, gynaecology, hepatology, oncology, urology and uro-oncology.
Our constant endeavour is to deliver a patient-friendly ecosystem with quick recuperation and faster return to daily routine. We are leading in the city for best surgical outcomes, at par with international standards.
Our surgical team is adept at performing delicate procedures with the novel robot-assisted system:
• Bariatric surgeons
• General surgeons
• Laparoscopic surgeons
• Surgical oncologists
• Well-trained operation theatre nurses, clinical nutritionists, physiotherapists and psychologists
The team is ably supported by intensive care specialists, infectious diseases specialists, radiologists and clinical pharmacologists.
We are happy and proud that Our team has performed more than 100 robotic surgeries in last one year in spite of the corona pandemic.
4th Generation da Vinci Xi® Surgical System
• Advanced high definition vision system that provides surgeons with a 10 times magnified 3Dimentional HD view of the surgical site.
• Ergonomically designed console where the surgeon sits to operate and leads the assisting team members during the operation.
• Patient-side cart where the patient is positioned during surgery.
• Wristed instruments that bend and rotate, far greater than the human hand, seamlessly translating into precise movements of the instruments filtering the hand tremors of the surgeon.
• Reduced blood loss providing better vision for operating.
• In postoperative period, less chances for ICU admission and blood transfusion further reducing the morbidity.
• Enables to practice organ preserving approach with enhanced imaging, accuracy and manoeuvring abilities.
• Access to hard-to-reach and very tight places inside the human body such as pelvis.
• System is not programmable and works solely based on direct input given by the surgeon.