Kidney Cancer Hospital in Mumbai, India
Kidney cancer, also known as renal cell carcinoma, occurs when abnormal cells in either of the kidneys begin to divide and grow in an uncontrolled manner. It’s unclear what exactly causes most kidney cancers. However, certain factors such as obesity, smoking, high blood pressure, and older age may increase the risk of developing kidney cancer. Kidney cancer, if detected early, can be cured. People with kidney cancer who come to Fortis Hospital, Mulund, for treatment receive compassionate, personalised care from our highly trained and experienced specialists who will work with you and support you throughout your journey.
Fortis Mumbai - Best Hospitals for Kidney Cancer Treatment in Mumbai, India
The Nephrology Department at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, offers comprehensive care to patients who have kidney cancer. The state-of-the-art facility treats complex kidney cancer using advanced treatments and innovative procedures. Our doctors have access to the latest technology and use most advanced treatment options such as robot-assisted surgery, minimising potential complications and resulting in excellent outcomes. Our dialysis units with modern equipment operate 24x7 is internationally recognised for its high-quality patient care.
Fortis Hospital, Mulund, offers full range of latest treatments to people with kidney cancer, including non-surgical options, surgery, chemotherapy, radiations therapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, etc. Our surgeons are leaders in performing successful kidney transplant and minimally invasive surgeries, including laparoscopic nephrectomy and lithotripsy.
Kidney Cancer Diagnosis at Fortis Hospitals Mumbai
Here are some tests and procedures that may be used to detect kidney cancer:
- Physical examination and family medical history
- Blood and urine tests to find out what’s causing the signs and symptoms
- Imaging tests such as X-ray, CT or MRI, ultrasound that can help the doctor identify and see a kidney tumour or abnormality.
- Biopsy to help confirm the presence of cancer and determine what type of tumour a patient has. However, this procedure may not be always required.
Click here to schedule your kidney cancer screening test at Fortis Hospital Mulund.
Kidney Cancer Treatments at Fortis Hospital Mumbai, India
Treatment for kidney cancer depends on several factors like the type and stage of cancer, general health, personal preferences, etc. For aggressive or advanced cases, our specialists use their expertise with the latest treatments and combinations of approaches such as surgery, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and radiation, etc, to treat the disease.
Treatment options for renal cell carcinoma include:
- Surgery: Surgery is the initial treatment for most kidney cancer cases. The goal of surgery is to remove the tumour from the body while preserving normal kidney function, when possible. Surgery can be either complete (radical) or conservative. A radical nephrectomy involves removing the entire kidney, along with some surrounding tissue, adrenal gland and the lymph nodes. In conservative nephrectomy, only the tumour, some surrounding tissue and lymph nodes are removed. Surgery can be performed as an open procedure, or with robotic assistance or laparoscopically - based on the type and stage of cancer, as well as the patient’s overall health.
- Nonsurgical options: Cryoablation, also called cryotherapy, or radiofrequency ablation may be an option for certain people with other problems and who may not be able to undergo surgery. Cryoablation uses cold gas to freeze and destroy cancerous cells. Radiofrequency ablation uses electric current, which is run through the needle and into the cancer cells. This causes the cancer cells to heat up or burn.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy can stop or delay the progress of cancer. It uses powerful drugs to kill cancerous cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy uses high-powered energy rays from sources such as X-rays and protons to shrink the tumour, or reduce the spread of cancer cells. This type of treatment is sometimes used to relieve symptoms of kidney cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy helps the immune system fight cancer, using synthetic versions of immunoactive chemicals found in the body.
- Targeted therapy: Targeted therapy uses drugs designed to target specific functions or genes that play a role in the development of cancer.
At Fortis Hospital, Mulund, our experienced kidney cancer specialists work as a team to accurately diagnose and treat the disease, enabling you to have the best possible quality of life. We also provide comprehensive follow-up care for each of our patients.
Kidney Cancer Specialists at Fortis Hospital Mumbai, India
Our multi-disciplinary team of experts include:
- Paediatric Nephrologists
- Kidney Transplant Surgeons
- Transplant Nephrologists
- Well-trained Nurses, Nutritionists, Social Workers, and other experts as needed.
The team closely works with Intensive Care Specialists, Infectious Diseases Specialists, Anaesthetists, and Clinical Pharmacologists. This collaborative approach helps ensure that we arrive at a treatment plan that best suits your needs and goals, especially for kidney cancer that may have metastasized. This team approach also allows us to be one of the nation’s best treatment centres for kidney cancer, providing the best outcomes for our patients.
Why Choose Fortis Hospital Mumbai for Kidney Cancer Treatment in Mumbai, India?
In Fortis Hospital, Mulund, the Nephrology Department provides comprehensive care to kidney cancer patients. Using advanced treatments and innovative procedures, the center treats complex renal cell carcinoma. The latest technology and advanced treatment options such as robot-assisted surgery are available to our doctors, reducing potential complications and ensuring excellent results. With modern equipment, our dialysis units operate 24x7 and we are internationally recognized for the high quality of care we provide to our patients.
Visit our Best Kidney Cancer Hospitals in Mumbai, India
Fortis Hospital Mulund, Mumbai
Address: Mulund Goregaon Link Road, Mulund-West, Mumbai, 400078
Ph. 022 4925 4925
Fortis Hiranandani Hospital Vashi, Navi Mumbai
Address: Mini Sea Shore Road, Sector 10, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400703
Ph. 022 6285 7001
Fortis Hospital Kalyan, Thane
Address: Shill Road, Bail Bazaar, Kalyan, Mumbai, 421301
Ph. 8882 101 101
S L Raheja Hospital - A Fortis Associate Mahim, Mumbai
Raheja Rugnalaya Marg, Mahim (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400016
Ph. +91 89 56 087400