Leading in Emergency Medicine - Fortis Hospitals, Mumbai
Emergency medicine, also called accident and emergency medicine, is the medical speciality dealing with care of illnesses or injuries requiring immediate medical attention.
Fortis Hospitals, Mumbai Emergency Medicine Department offers a 24*7 fully-equipped centre with state-of-the-art equipment and specialists for managing all kinds of simple and complex conditions, other than accident and medical emergencies. Our Department’s clinicians are proficient in providing immediate recognition, evaluation, care, stabilization, monitoring and disposition across a broad spectrum of adult and paediatric patients, in response to acute internal medical and surgical conditions. We play a central role in handling pandemic conditions and infectious diseases with end-to-end treatment.
Our aim is to ensure response within the ‘golden hour’. We are leading in the city for our rapid response during brain injuries, cardiac arrest, heart conditions and trauma; and for our patient outcomes, which are at par with international standards.
Our emergency centre is a small hospital within a hospital, comprising of round-the-clock clinicians and well-trained nurses, paramedics and technicians with multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills, enabling them to provide comprehensive, urgent, unscheduled care in the areas of:
- Anaesthesiology (difficult airway management)
- Intensive care medicine (trauma resuscitation)
- Cardiac (cardiac arrest treatment)
- Neurology (stroke management)
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology (manage a pregnant patient with vaginal bleeding)
- Orthopaedic (saving limbs)
- Paediatric (evaluate high fever)
- Easy to remember and access, emergency number - 022 4111 4111
- A highly advanced fully-equipped intensive care unit
- In-house laboratory and blood bank services
- Dedicated elevators for speedy transfer of patients to the operating theatres and intensive care units
- State-of-the-art ambulances with an inbuilt intensive care unit, multi para monitoring, ventilator, oxygen facility and an entire range of modern equipment to facilitate prompt patient care.
- The ambulance system is reinforced with a well-coordinated road evacuation service, easy access to the emergency department through a dedicated entrance and a ramp designed for safe transfer of patients. It is crewed by trained emergency care medical and paramedical staff.
- Well-trained pre-hospitalisation service is available for transport of patients from other facilities or during emergencies from home.