#1 Lung Cancer Hospitals in Mumbai, India
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers and a leading cause of death all over the world. It is also the commonest cancer and cause of cancer-related mortality among Indian men. Anyone can get lung cancer, although smoking is the number one cause of the disease. In fact, a growing number of non-smokers in India, are diagnosed with lung cancer today. Lung cancer, like other cancers, can be fatal. However, effective diagnoses and new treatments have improved the survival rates of patients.
Fortis Mumbai - Best Hospitals for Lung Cancer Treatment in Mumbai, India
Lung cancer is a type of cancer that occurs when lung cells divide uncontrollably, causing tumours to grow and spread to other parts of the body. Lung cancer can go undiagnosed for a long time until the disease is advanced. Small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer are the two major types of lung cancer. The types of treatment that patients receive will depend on the type and stage of cancer they have. With its cutting-edge technology, Fortis Hospitals, Mumbai, India offers world-class lung cancer treatment for lung cancer. The centre has one of the best lung cancer programmes designed by eminent pulmonologists, and advanced diagnostic, imaging, and surgical equipment for excellent outcomes.
The multispeciality giant is operational on par with international standards and is equipped with the latest in video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS), robot-assisted thoracic surgery, segmentectomy, wedge resection, lobectomy, pneumonectomy, etc. The hospital has a team of top pulmonologists and pulmonary onco specialists who have extensive experience in treating complex lung cancers. Our lung cancer specialists prescribe individualised therapies, which help to achieve the highest possible cure rates. Fortis employs an evidence-based approach to patient care, thereby improving the health and safety of patients.
Lung Cancer Diagnosis at Fortis Hospitals Mumbai
Tests that are often used to diagnose lung cancer include:
- Imaging tests: An X-ray, CT, MRI, or PET scan can help detect areas of lung tissue with cancer.
- Sputum cytology: Microscopic examination of the sputum can reveal the presence of lung cancer cells.
- Tissue sample (biopsy): A biopsy or the removal of cells or tissues from the suspicious mass can help determine whether it is cancer or not. A tissue sample can be obtained by number of ways, including bronchoscopy, mediastinoscopy and needle, schedule a biopsy test now.
After diagnosis, the doctor will work to determine the type and stage of lung cancer, which will help the healthcare team to decide what treatment is most appropriate for the patient.
Fortis Hospitals lung cancer specialists will prescribe individualised treatments based various factors such as - the patient’s overall health and their preferences, the type, location, and stage of cancer, etc.
Click here to schedule your lung cancer screening test at Fortis Hospital Mulund.
Lung Cancer Treatments at Fortis Hospital Mumbai, India
Treatment options for lung cancer include:
- Surgery – an operation to remove part or all of your lung. Our experts are exceptionally skilled in minimal invasive lung cancer surgeries, performing the advanced thoracoscopy to remove lung tumours as well as partial or complete lung with expertise and care.
- Chemotherapy – a drug treatment to kill cancer cells and shrink tumours.
- Radiation therapy – to kill cancerous cells by using high energy rays.
- Stereostatic body radiotherapy – a treatment that delivers very intense doses of radiation to cancer cells.
- Targeted drug therapy – many targeted drugs are used to target a specific behaviour to prevent the growth of tumour.
- Photo-dynamic therapy – it uses a combination of a light sensitising drug and a very bright light to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy – a type of treatment that works to boost the immune system (the body’s natural defenses) to fight cancer.
- Palliative care – also known as supportive care, including oxygen therapy, pain relief and other help, can be helpful in managing symptoms of cancer as well as side effects of treatment.
- Lung Transplant
At Fortis, our lung cancer care team will work with the patient and adjust their treatment plan based on their needs.
Lungs Cancer Specialists at Fortis Hospital Mumbai, India
Our multi-disciplinary team of experts skilled in dozens of specialities work together to deliver quality care and successful recovery:
The team is ably supported by other medical specialists such as, anaesthetists, neurologists, intensive care specialists, infectious diseases specialists, radiologists, pathologists, and clinical pharmacologists.
Why Choose Fortis Hospital Mumbai for Lung Cancer Treatment in Mumbai, India?
Fortis Hospital Mumbai, India has the best in advanced medical technology and operational excellence on par with international standards when it comes to treating complex lung cancers. The multispeciality giant is equipped with the latest in Video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) - a minimally invasive technology to perform surgeries as well as lung biopsies for diagnosis, Robotic-assisted thoracic surgery, Segmentectomy, Wedge resection, Lobectomy – the removal of a lobe of the lung, and Pneumonectomy – the total removal of the lungs. Taking the lead in performing these complex procedures is a team of renowned pulmonary specialists who have prolific experience in successful results with an individualized patient-first approach.
Visit our Best Cancer Hospitals in Mumbai, India
Fortis Hospital Mulund, Mumbai
Mulund Goregaon Link Road, Mulund-West, Mumbai, 400078
Ph. 022 4925 4925
Fortis Hiranandani Hospital Vashi, Navi Mumbai
Mini Sea Shore Road, Sector 10, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400703
Ph. 022 6285 7001
Fortis Hospital Kalyan, Thane
Shill Road, Bail Bazaar, Kalyan, Mumbai, 421301
Ph. 8882 101 101
S L Raheja Hospital - A Fortis Associate Mahim, Mumbai
Raheja Rugnalaya Marg, Mahim (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400016
Ph. +91 89 56 087400