Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
Cardiothoracic surgery involves surgical treatment of the organs within the thorax (the chest), principally the heart, lungs and oesophagus. Cardiovascular surgery involves operations on heart and blood vessels (arteries, veins, or capillaries) to fix the damage caused by disorders or diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Paediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
Heart diseases in children are tragic. It can be a congenital heart defect, an acquired one or due to a viral infection. The children who visit the Department of cardiology at Fortis for their treatment receive a unique focus from our team of paediatric cardiologists. Our paediatric cardiologists specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases that affect the tender hearts of children and offer their comprehensive multidisciplinary care to put the younger ones back on their feet at the earliest. They also specialise in echocardiography techniques which help to detect cardiac defects in the unborn foetus.
- Non-Invasive Cardiology - ECG, Echocardiogram, Computerised tomography, stress test
- Interventional Cardiology - Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty and stenting
- Electrophysiology Study (EP)
- ECMO (adult & paediatric)
- Pacemaker implantation (single & dual Chamber)
- Beating Heart Bypass Surgery
- Minimally Invasive (Keyhole) Heart Surgery (adult & paediatric)
- Vascular surgeries
- ASD/VSD - Congenital Heart surgeries
- Heart Transplant