Orthopedic trauma care covers simple isolated fractures to severe life threatening accidents with multiple broken bones. The aim of this specialized area is the healing of the fractured bones, as well as restoring the anatomic alignment of the joint surfaces to allow for recovery and return to maximum function of the injured body part. Trauma can range from low energy fractures (often in elderly patients) to multiple injuries such as those caused by a road traffic accident. Bone and joint infection can also require emergency admission and treatment.
Comprehensive Orthopedic Trauma Services Include:
- Minimally invasive surgery for fractures.
- Treatment of nonunions and malunions.
- Pelvis and acetabulum surgery.
- Treatment for infected fractures and osteomyelitis.
- Limb lengthening.
- Bone and joint transplantation.
- Minimally invasive bone grafting.
- Complex soft tissue reconstruction.
- Complex upper extremity reconstruction.