Minimally Invasive Surgery offers patients a shorter hospital stay, less postoperative pain, faster return to normal activities and improved cosmetic results. Robotics offers further enhancements to this by offering the surgeon the best operative view, most precise instruments and most ergonomic approach to keyhole surgery.
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries
In Laparoscopic surgery 3-4 small incisions are made for for trocars through which the operative instruments are introduced. Through the naval port (umbilicus) a 10mm (1cm) laparoscope is inserted attached to which is a camera system through which the surgeon can view the complete abdomen and pelvis on the screen. All the organs are seen magnified and precisely than in open surgery or Direct Visualization.
Laparoscopic surgeries have become very popular & have replaced all traditional abdominal surgeries. Their popularity is due to the immense advantages they have got over traditional surgeries. The advantages and benefits to the patients are
- Less pain
- Patient recovers faster (24-48 hrs.) and can resume to work within few days.
- No post operative rest required
- No/ small scars on the abdomen
- No chances of wound infection
- No chances of postoperative hernias and adhesions
- Apart from these benefits, patients also will have immense long term benefits.