End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
End-stage renal disease is when the kidneys permanently fail to work. Treatment of chronic renal failure depends on the degree of kidney function that remains. Treatment may include:
- Medications (to help with growth, prevent bone density loss, and/or to treat anaemia)
- Diuretic therapy or medications (to increase urine output)
- Specific diet restrictions or modifications
- Kidney transplantation
Dialysis is a procedure that is performed routinely on persons who suffer from acute or chronic renal failure, or who have ESRD. The process involves removing waste substances and fluid from the blood that are normally eliminated by the kidneys. Dialysis may also be used for individuals who have been exposed to or ingested toxic substances to prevent renal failure from occurring.
We, at Fortis provide comprehensive high-quality dialysis with primary focus on quality and clinical outcomes. We conduct maintenance haemodialysis, haemodialysis in ICU for acutely ill patients and peritoneal dialysis.
Highlights of our Dialysis unit at Fortis Hospital, Mulund
- 20 bedded Dialysis Unit
- One of the busiest in Mumbai, performing more than 2000 dialysis/month
- Offers dialysis service at night where patient can stay till morning. It is very suitable for working patients or patients with working relatives
- Day & Night dialysis services are also available on Sundays