Dr Suresh K. Bhagat is a Senior Consultant Urologist and Renal Transplant Surgeon with more than 20 years of experience.
His passion to train in Urology took him to Christian Medical College Vellore, where he acquired his M.Ch. degree. After spending 7 years at Vellore he gained vast experience in Renal Transplant (live and cadaveric), Laparoscopic Urology, Reconstructive Urology, Complex Endourology, Uro-oncology and Pediatric Urology.
In 2009, he joined Fortis Escorts Hospital Amritsar and in his 6 years of journey he was instrumental in setting up the department of Urology and Renal Transplant. Later on, he joined SevenHills Hospital Mumbai in 2015 as Consultant Urologist and Chief Renal Transplant Surgeon and worked for almost 3 years.
He has experience of more than 350 successful renal transplants including fair number of cadaveric ones.
Areas of Interest:
- Kidney Transplant (Live & Cadaveric)
- Vascular Access Surgery
- Reconstructive Urology
- Bladder Reconstruction
- Mitrofanoff’s Procedure
- Complex Urethral Reconstruction
- Ileal Ureter
- VVF Repair
- Renal Autotransplant
- Laparoscopic Urology
- Radical Cystectomy & Neobladder
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Radical Nephrectomy
- Complex Endo-urology
- Pediatric Urology
Awards & Recognition
Recognition from the urological community has come in the form of awards, in addition to a number of national and international publications, where his work has been quoted.
- B. Brawn Medical Foundation Prize in 2005
- Chandigarh Best Video Prize in USICON 2008 on Renal Autotransplantation in Takayasu’s Disease with Complex Ex-Vivo Repair
- Published numerous original research papers in most reputed international (The Journal of Urology) and national journals