Dr. Sameer Sadawarte has joined the Fortis Hospital since August 2011. He has completed MBBS from Amravati University, DCH from the College of Physicians and Surgeons from Bombay, DNB from K. J. Somaiya Medical College Mumbai. He has obtained prestigious MNAMS degree from the National Academy of Medical Science, Delhi. He has completed fellowship of pediatric intensive care from B. J. Wadia Children hospital, Mumbai (20O5—7). He has worked at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore in pediatric cardiac care unit as a junior consultant (2008—2009). Later on, he has done neonatal intensive care fellowship (2009—2010) and PICU fellowship (2010-2011) from the world-renowned hospital for sick children Toronto, Canada.
In brief, He has completed 7 years of exclusive training in Neonatal and Paediatric intensive care medicine including cardiac critical care from reputed centers of India and Canada.
Area of interests
- Mechanical Ventilation: Conventional MV, HFOV, NIV, HFJV for acute respiratory failure due to various causes
- Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care: for both acquired and congenital heart diseases, pre and post operative management, invasive hemodynamic monitoring including care of pediatric heart transplantation n Berlin heart implantation.
- Neuro-intensive Care: for patients with Head Injuries, post operative brain tumors, intracranial infections, poly neuropathies
- Acute Renal Failure requiring renal replacement therapies .
- Patients with MODS, ARDS, Sepsis requiring close hemodynamic and respiratory management
- Pediatric Toxicology and management of poisoning
- Management of critically ill children after Solid Organ transplantation (heart, liver, lungs) BNIT
- ECM0 for refractory hypoxemia, low cardiac output, congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- AIDS Society of India
- Maharashtra State Chapter of NNF
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Intensive care chapter IAP
- National Neonatology Forum
- Indian Medical Association