Dr. Ashok Hande graduated from Seth GS medical College in 1983 and cleared M.Ch. Neurosurgery in 1990 from Bombay University. He is one of the most renowned neurosurgeons to have had extensive exposure in most complex neuro surgical procedures particularly in vascular and skull base tumour surgeries. His specialty lies in neuro vascular surgery and surgery for stroke. Dr. Hande has successfully performed over 800 vascular operations and equal number of skull base tumour surgeries. Dr. Ashok Hande is often invited all over Maharashtra to perform these specialised surgeries.
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi & Marathi
1. Worked with Late Prof Kenichiro Sugita at Nagoya University, Japan in 1992.
2. Worked with Prof Bennette Stein at Columbia University, New York in 1993.
3. Visited skull base neurosurgery centre headed by Dr. Chandranath Sen at Mount Sinai
hospital, NewYork in 1993.
4. Visited Maudsley Hospital, London as an observer in Epilepsy Surgery 1993.
5. Visited neurosurgery dept at Matsumoto, Japan-headed by Prof. Kobayashi, 1996.
6. Trained at Radionics in Boston for X-knife radiosurgery, 1997.
7. Visited Dept of neurosurgery at Freiburg, Germany for functional stereotaxy in 1997.
8 Fellowship in Microneurosurgery , Fugita University, Japan in 1998
9 Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Fugita, Japan, 1998.
10 Tokyo University Medical College, Japan for stereotactic and functional neurosurgery 2002
11.Spinal instrumentation fellowship, National University hospital, Seoul, Soth Korea.
12. World Stroke congress, Seoul, South Korea, 2010
13. Endoscopy, Germany, 2016.